A neighbor of mine recently had a very little accident on the road while he is on his way to work. Thank goodness he got some car insurance claims and he was able to get his bumper fixed. Insurance nowadays are pretty important, it is very hard not to have it. A friend works in an insurance company and she is trying to convince me to get some of the packages they have. She handed me a brochure yesterday and I will surely read them carefully so we can decide which packages suit best for us. In this time and age, you have to be wise and it will be nice if you are insured.
Archive for September, 2010
We recently had the house warming for my parents business in Mandaluyong. I wish we can have one of these successful home businesses in the future as well. I always think that real estate is the way to go. My parents apartment has 3 floors. On the first floor, they are planning to use it for a grilled chicken franchise business my dad and his best friend are planning to get. The second floor is nice for 2 people to rent, maybe a newlywed couple or 2 friends who are in College while the 3rd floor is nice for a small family of 3 to 4 since it has 2 small bedrooms and enough space for living and dining. Here is the picture of the apartment…
I have read about Similac in the recent Yahoo News and it’s recall. I wonder what happened with this issue. Here is some quotes from the news…
Worried parents have bombarded the maker of Similac with phone calls and peppered Facebook and Twitter pages over fears about insects in the top-selling baby formula after millions of cans were recalled.
But the company said Thursday it’s unlikely any of the formula already sold is tainted, and doctors offered more reassurance: Even if babies drink bug-tainted formula, the chance for serious harm is slim.
“There’s no reason for parents to panic,” said Dr. Joseph Gigante, an associate professor of pediatrics at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in Nashville, Tenn. Symptoms might include a mild upset stomach, but he says that should last only a few days.
More of the news here.
In my opinion, every parent should be responsible. Know the news and be very observant of your kids and the stuff he puts in his mouth, in this case, be aware of his formula!
I always want to have this at home. I love cooking and if I have complete cookware around the kitchen, this will be awesome of course!
- 8-qt. Stockpot
- Stainless Steel Pasta Insert: great for corn on the cob as well as pastas
- Stainless Steel Steamer Insert: perfect for steaming vegetables and potatoes
See the whole product and price here.
- Vessel Construction: Crafted from a flat disc of virtually pure, heavy-gauge aluminum for fast, even heating. Contoured, curved corners and flared rims accommodate utensil use.
- Key Performance: Combines hard anodized durability and performance with fast clean-up and easy, low-fat cooking.
- Exterior: Hard anodized exterior will not chip or crack.Interior: 3 layers of proprietary nonstick coating. Cooks with little to no oils or fats. Effortless food release. Non-reactive cooking surface. Safe for use with nylon, coated or wooden utensils.
- Handles: Cast stainless steel. Long handles stay comfortably cool. Double riveted for durable performance. Lightweight, ergonomic design for comfort.
- Lids: Tempered glass. Allows easy monitoring of the cooking process. Domed shape returns moisture to foods. Wide stainless steel band to reinforce glass.
I has been very obvious that prices are getting high and our salaries are still the same. Most parents like us are doing everything to earn extra money to put food on the table and experience great life out of town or out of the country once in a while. My husband is into buy and sell of small stuff like gadgets etc. while I on the other hand do some home based jobs online even if I have an 8 to 5 job from Mondays through Fridays. Some friends I know rely on their gold bullion through the help of the very reliable company named, United States Gold Bureau and are earning quite well for first timers in this kind of investment. With the very fast paced life and I must say high standard of living these days, we all should be wise in securing our family’s future and our own of course!